Sadhbh over at Where Wishes Come From has been running an end-of-year blog round-up for the last few years. I tend not to participate in these as I’m a lazy-arse and my blog seems to embarrassingly wander all over the place. But never one to miss out on a re-visit to the sound of my own voice, I had a browse through my blogging efforts for the past year. Despite the hap-hazardous feel to it all, I’ve noticed a few themes emerging over the years. So, here goes…
- Mangled lyrics post of the year
- The obligatory Breda O’Brien bashing post of the year
- In which I made it to one decent gig. Phew
- What I got up to when I was left on my own unsupervised that time
- Another break-up
- In which I insult another hero
- Indulgent chin-stroking
- In which I was actually happy
- In which I was happy and sad at the same time
- This year’s brush with the law
- Sigh. Not the Rose of Tralee again? Yes, the Rose of Tralee again
- The cliched letter to my…daughter
- The unavoidable letters from a daughter
- Re-blog of the year
- Bono-bashing post of the year that wasn’t even written this year
- Road-trip of the year
I will strive to maintain consistency in 2017.
Do join in the round-up. Sadhbh is very friendly. And she will also tell you how to pronounce her name.
Thank you. And congratulations on your new bundle – I do follow you quietly from the sidelines 🙂
Ah thanks, on both things. 😀
Always a pleasure to ramble round here!
Best wishes for 2017.
Ah, high praise coming from your revered self, Thom. Thank you. And all the very best for 2017.
Thanks a million for taking part in the linky. It’s been brilliant to read through your posts. You’re a bit of genius really, and you always make me smile. Happy 2017!
Hehe. A pleasure. Thanks for bending your generosity enough to shove me over onto the more respectable side of insane. You’re the perfect host.
Intriguing titles! I’m off for a read now.
Be careful. It’s a jungle in there. Thanks for your bravery.
Quite a few of my faves in there. Particularly fond of the road trip one – now that is worth weeping uncontrollably for (I’m reading backwards again – to make sure I don’t miss any of you.!
Backwards..forwards..what is life but direction either way *resumes stare into space whilst struggling to maintain pained look of indifference towards life*
I think you’re still ill. *passes a mug of gin with a drop of Day Nurse*
Any left in the bottle? *waves mug*