1. Better telly, cinema, and album releases.
2. Rubber-necking drivers can rarely identify you when out walking of an evening. Does anyone under 80 go walking ‘of an evening’? I’m going later, once my new cane arrives.
3. January is freighted with pressure to radically change. No-one ever asks what your End of Year resolutions are. They’re yours to quietly implement from September and be rewarded for by Christmas. The Feast of St. Dysfunctional Families.
4. That’s it with the perpetual early Sunday morning pneumatic grass-cutting for another 6 months. Thank fuck.
5. So long salad. Healthy, non-labour intensive, weather appropriate etc. You’re no dinner though.