Except I don’t know how to do a linky proper. This is sure to fall to an arse before it takes off but I’ll give it a bash anyway.
1. What kind of bird would you be, and why?
I’d be …’like a bird on the wire. Like a drunk in the midnight choir. I have tried in my way to be free’.
I guess we’re all birds of some sort already *sticks two fingers in mouth*
2. Which period of history had the best clothing?
I fancy I would’ve been more sophisticated in a flapper dress brandishing a 9 inch cigarillo holder than a Johnny Blue, but alas, being middle-aged, I can see I would have needed a jumper to keep warm. Not a good look. Poverty shawl chic in colonial Ireland was alright. But joking about the famine is not permitted. Unfortunately, it’s not covered under our progressive blasphemy law.
3. In which film do you wish you had played the lead? What would you have brought to the role?
Rob in High Fidelity – the record shop, the record collection; the encyclopedic knowledge of music; the one-on-one time with philosopher Bruce in the proverbial confession box of life; the dedicated commitment to top fives; and getting the girl in the end.
I’d have brought an authentic neurosis to the agonising compiling of top fives, and a reminder that music is a passion for women also, not just an occasional spectator sport.
4. What was your favourite toy when you were a child?
A furry Bert from Sesame Street. He was going through a hard time after splitting from Ernie. Life with my family was becoming increasingly intolerable. We were both in the wrong place at the right time, so we formed our own exclusive support group down the back of my folks’ garden. We, like, really talked, y’know?
Our girl’s favourite toy these days is Ernie. He appears to be in a perpetual state of grinning. I reckon he’s on something.
5. If you could be in the Olympics, what would your sport be?
Schadenfreude , sleeping in, and film marathons. A triathlon, in short.
6. If you could cure one human illness or disease, what would it be and why?
7. What is your favourite urban myth, and why do you want it to be true?
That Bono is in pursuit of justice for the developing world. Because it would save me a lot of energy hectoring folk about how his approach is part of the problem, and balancing a few incontrovertible facts with my occasional appreciation of the early music of the Onob Quartet.
8. What is your favourite unusual word?
9. How would you like your writing to influence the world, or affect those who read it?
I suspect I’m the one who reads it most. I reckon it has already prevented me from going postal, or – God forbid – finding God. Or worse still – running. Good for personal positive mental health, and for the world at large by curbing the body count.
Oh, and I’m not sure if this blog will continue to bob about in the ether long enough for our daughter to access it, but I would hope she would derive something positive from reading it. If only a satisfying eye-roll.
10. What is the best thing about being you?
Not being a conjoined twin. Time alone with my wonderful array of friends would be awkward. I’d have to compromise greatly when considering how to fuck up the many wonderful second chances I’ve been given in life.
Deciding who to pass the parcel on to with ten fresh questions is an impossible task, so in the interests of curiosity and a chance to broaden the potential pool of responses, I’m throwing it out to everyone I follow and who might be looking in. The brotherhood and sisterhood of blog alike. (That includes you, birdie. Maybe only you. Probably hehe)
Ten questions for your dismissal/consideration..
- What single question asked of a person can tell you a lot about that person?
- What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
- If you had to place a personal advert on a dating site using not more than 150 words from lyrics of a song or poem, what would they be?
- Tell us a joke
- What were you like at school? Are you much different now?
- If you had to re-name your blog, what would you call it and why?
- What five guests, living or dead, would you invite to your fantasy dinner party and why?
Do you have a favourite sexual fantasy?What sorts of things would you like to do in life if you were as outgoing and uninhibited as you wish?
- What does someone ‘having character’ mean to you?
- Name your top five favourite sit-coms
PLEASE PLEASE PARTICIPATE No pressure but feel free to join in. Cut ‘n’ paste or respond with haste (sorry).